Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Give Them Your Time


Our world moves fast. We are use to filling each moment with something productive or entertaining. It is not often that I let myself be fully present in the moment that I am in. My mind is always racing, thinking of what I should be doing, what I need to be doing, or what I rather be doing. 

I have noticed this is true, even when I am playing with my kids. After begging me while doing dishes if I can play Barbies, I will "give in" and sit on the floor for a few minutes before making an excuse that I need to put the laundry in the dryer, finish dinner prep, or something else that far less important than my kids. 

This needs to change. I am going to ask my child if she wants to play with me! I want to spend a deliberate hour with each child during the day. I am going to give my FULL and undivided attention to them. I want them to know how important they are. I want them to feel the love that I have for them. I want them to know that all the other "things" in life are just not as important. I have learned the hard way that there are never enough moments to spend with my kids. I wish more than anything that I could have just one hour to spend with my Ruby.

This weeks service challenge is to give of your time. Spent a deliberate hour with each person in your family this week (and maybe in all the weeks to come as well!)



No comments:

Post a Comment