Thursday, October 2, 2014

Forgive.


Forgiveness is hard. It is hard to forgive after being wounded by someone, especially someone you love. I have been hurt very deeply a couple of times in my life, and it was one of the biggest learning opportunities I have ever had. It took a long time, several years actually, to feel like my heart and mind had truly forgiven the person who had wronged me. I prayed, and prayed and prayed for months and months and months, and slowly I started to feel that my heart was softening. Forgiveness does not come easy most of the time, but I can testify that the pain, work, time and prayer is worth the end result of truly forgiving someone.
This week, begin the process of forgiving someone who has wounded you. Love is so much more important that the hurt. Take the first step. You will be glad you did.

(This is a great time to teach kids about forgiveness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment